Bike Rides for all the Family!
We love riding our bikes and want to share our passion! There’s a range of free led bike rides to join in with at the Swindon Cycle Fest, including rides led by local cycling clubs. So whether you’ve just learnt to ride a bike or cycle everyday there’s something for you to get involved in.
To join a ride you can sign up in advance on the Let’s Ride website or sign up on the day at the Ride HQ near the entrance to the County Ground Athletics Track.
Swindon Cycle Fest Ride Programme:
- 09:00 am – Swindon Wheelers 50 mile ride stopping at Aston Pottery Café. There will be two groups leaving from the Cycle Fest, a Nova group (average 13-14mph) and a Tempo group (average 17mph). The route will be mainly flat, and follow quiet roads where possible. These rides are suitable for people who have done a bit of road riding and are looking to get involved in a club. This ride is for road bikes only. Sign up here
- 10:00 am – STAR Velo 10 mile ride following mostly quiet roads and cycle paths. Suitable for any bike. Sign up here
- 10:30 am – Darkroom Espresso 28 mile ride stopping at the Gateway Café in Ashton Keynes. This is a flat, social ride suitable for people who are just getting into road cycling. Average pace: 13- 14mph, no one gets left behind. This ride is best for road or hybrid bikes. Sign up here
- 1:00 pm – Family Friendly Guided Ride – A traffic-free 4 mile flat ride around the cycle paths of east Swindon. This ride is slow and steady and suitable for families, beginners and adapted bikes (unfortunately no side-by-side companion bikes). Sign up here
- 2 pm – Breeze Ladies only ride (and accompanied children under 16). This is an easy, traffic-free 5 mile ride around cycle paths. It is suitable for beginners and social riders, all bikes welcome. Sign up here
N.B. All rides will be leaving at the times stated above, please arrive at least 10-15 minutes before the stated start time to make sure that you don’t miss out. 🙂
Grant Fielder Cycle Skills Sessions
Professional Freeride Mountain Bike rider Grant ‘Chopper’ Fielder will be running cycle skills session for all abilities throughout the day. These sessions are for both adults and children and free of charge. You can sign up in advance by emailing your name and age to email@example.com or sign up at Grant’s stand on the day.